Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Thanksgiving Thoughts … a week Later


I had some thoughts on what my first US Thanksgiving as a Naturalized Citizen meant to me … they are a week late for a number reasons but mostly because life has been busy but in good ways … I have little time to write these things, later at night is a most reflective time. It is so late that Calvin just crawled off to bed which means he must really be tired because he hardly leaves my side …

As interesting as the last almost two years have been, and it is difficult for me to think about where I was when this crazy ride started and where I am today because it makes me wonder where I will be in two years, or in eight or so when I may have to retire Calvin .. I am thankful for him every day and all the incredible people who brought him to me …

People, that is what I am most thankful for. I am appreciating all my loyal friends, my entire family and my co-workers who have supported me over this roller coaster.

I am thankful for their past, present and future support, friendship and their continued good health and improved health.

I am thankful for those friends I have made on this recent journey, people who do not know the meaning of give up or surrender. They truly define chutzpah. They know who they are and I am thankful they have come to help so I may perhaps help them and others.

OK, I am also thankful for the Habs, that the Giants won the World Series without Barry Bonds and of course for the Allouettes showing the Canadian folks that it was NOT a fluke last year and if you want to try for a third round, bring it on, sorry K.

Cheers and may everyone get a tummy rub, Calvin seems to really enjoy them

David and guide dog Calvin

3 comments:

  1. ....and I am THANKFUL for you!

    Since November 7, 1965 you have brought joy and love to all of us.

    Good night Dave. Sweet dreams Calvin.

    Luv
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing those incredible thoughts &feelings,
    David. My heart is bursting with pride.....you are an inspiration to all of us. Love, Mum &for Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi David, we are reading the blog while sitting in sunny florida at Darby Hall. If Calvin wants to visit we will even add dog biscuits to the "first shop" list. how good that you and Calvin are doing so well together.
    we are all thankful to have you in our lives and I hope we can spend more time together .
    lots of love from all of us.
    Deanna and Michael

    ReplyDelete