Monday, January 24, 2011

Everyone is a doggone critic

Recently I started to get Calvin used to being home alone, in his kennel. I started slowly and made it up to about 30 minutes, maybe 45. I recorded the room so I could listen to what happened whilst I was out. I also, based on Guide Dog's advice put on the radio so he had some company of sorts.
Upon my return, he seemed no worse for the experience, as usual was very excited to see me as if I had been gone five minutes or five days. There was no pee or anything unusual in his crate, although I am told they will not do that in their own space. Good enough.

So I sat down to some lunch and played the recording. He was completely silent except for a few minutes in the middle of the time.

Oh, yes, did I mention that the Bee Gees were playing on the radio during that time.

====

If I failed to give credit to my niece, I do it now for coining the phrase, "I have been Calvinated" … she made this up in reference to getting full of his hair … he is shedding now so I am in constant state of Calvination.

1 comment:

  1. Your neice... THAT'S MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you decided to use my term... :)
    Tell Calvin , "good going!" from me and for him to keep you Calvinated!!! hahahaha!!!
    Your Calvinated niece,

    ME!

    ReplyDelete